Explore the parts of Dover that the locals love
We are a team of enthusiastic local volunteers who love Dover and enjoy showing it off to visitors.
We meet visitors in a number of different places across the town, such as in the town centre, the seafront and the Market Square.
From here, our greeters are keen to show you the parts of our town that are of interest to you.
They can help you discover the hidden parts of our historic town, the unexplored neighbourhoods and the little gems that only local people know.
We work with Visit Kent, encouraging visitors to take advantage of the whole range of attractions and events throughout Kent.
We are proud members of the International Greeter Association.
And as such, we share the same values of the Association:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city or destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a greeter is free of charge
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination
- Greeters support sustainable tourism
- They respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities
- Greeters aim for a lasting positive image of each destination
- Greeter organisations create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world